CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

No Special Mommy awards for me

God is so good! He truly knows exactly what we need when we need it. I am leaving tomorrow afternoon to go on a weekend trip with some girlfriends (19 to be exact). Thank you Lord! I am so ready for it. As much as I love and adore my children, I totally lost my temper this morning with them, it was just one of those whine, complaining, fighting mornings. And I have just had enough. I believe that old saying that absence makes the heart grow founder is true. A long weekend apart is going to be good for all of us. I think they need a break from me just as much as I need one from them. And naturally this is one of those times when I feel a tremendous amount of guilt for going and leaving them and Keith. But you what I need it. I was thinking about Shana post "Silence is Golden" , I need a little of that, and a lot of grow up girly conversation. So I guess I will NOT be getting special mommy awards this week. And that's ok, cause I did get a couple last week and those will do me for awhile, well at least till I get back.

6 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

You are a GREAT mother, who is wholly devoted to your children. And, you know what? You're human too. We all lose it every once in a while.

I'm looking forward to going as well, I sometimes have guilt even admitting that I'm "past ready" but I remind myself that we're human, and I'm thankful that God chooses to bless us with some much needed time away. A time where we can recharge and come back refreshed, and renewed....FOR our children.

So very excited!!

And, if we're voting, you (and all 19 of us that are moms) would get my vote!!

Shana

-brittany- said...

You are an incredible mom. I can NOT see you losing your patience so I don't know if I believe that part:)but it is nice to know that we are all human! I can imagine there comes a time when it is nice to get a break and what a better break than to scrapbook with grown up chick a dees. Have fun! I can't wait to hear about it upon your return!

The Wild World of Richmond said...

I also think you are FABULOUS mom. I've seen you in action. Your kids are soooo lucky to have you and Keith as parents. Don't beat yourself up.
You still get the Mommy award, because you recognize that you need this and you'll be a better mommy when you return because of it.
Guilt is a horrible thing that cripples people. Don't let it cripple you.
I hope to go with you guys next time. Now was just not good timing for our family.
Love you,
Terri

Maddie said...

Well, Shana and I had already decided that we were both going to win the mother of the year award and give the acceptance speech together. We would be glad to share the glory with you! :) We ALL lose our patience probably more often than we care to admit. If you never did, I would be a little worried! You are an awesome mother and friend! Sooooo looking forward to leaving today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chelle belle said...

Love your honesty! Glad your a member of the "Real Mom's Loose It" club along with me ~ I thought I'd run for prez!

Enjoy your weekend!

Cyndi Lou said...

Tamara,

I can so relate to your post and we DO all lose it sometimes, but that makes us human! Like Tammy said, if you didn't lose it every once in a while I would be worried!!! The time away is SOOOOOOO very important and it makes us better mommys!!