CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Faithful Friday

Gosh y'all every since I discovered from Shana's 'Just For Fun' post that I am not creative(sorry Shana I have to blame it on someone), I have had a hard time blogging.

Most of you know that we (ladies from EMC) went on a girls weekend to Gatlinburg last weekend. And yes it was FABULOUS!! There truly is almost nothing better than hangin' out with girlfriends while you work on your scrapbook. Who would have ever thought that sitting on your bottom, running your mouth could be so exhausting. I have been beat all week.

Then on Tuesday, Me, Malley, Mason, Martha and Julie went to Atlanta to see Dolly Parton in concert. I wasn't kidding when I said I was "hired". She was great. Mason was really the only one who did not enjoy the Backwoods Barbie.

So to keep with my Faithful Fridays theme here is what I have seen God do this week. To have 19 women in one cabin and everyone have a good time that is remarkable and only God could do that and to take a 5 year old to a Dolly Parton concert and he fall asleep so I could enjoy it. That my friends only God could do. Even in the smallest of things, we can trust that God is going to be faithful.

12 comments:

Nancy Suits said...

Oh, how perfectly put that we can trust that God is going to be faithful. He nevers lets us down, even we let him down and I'm sure that I do that often, not even meaning to. I glad that you got to enjoy your Dolly concert. Can't say that I've ever been to see one, but glad that you enjoyed yourself (you "hired" you!) LOL
Nancy

Cyndi Lou said...

Oh, Tamara,

Your post is awesome and you ARE creative!! I have been looking forward to Friday all week so I could read your post. Yes, God is faithful to see us all through a fabulous weekend and to put your sweet son to sleep so you could enjoy Dolly is God, too!

I am still cracking up that you went to see Dolly in concert at the Fox!! That IS TRULY "Hired"! Maybe if I go to see her in concert someday, I can truly be a "Hired", too!

I love you girl!! You have been a HUGE encouragement to me this week and I am so grateful for you!

Love you,

Cyndi (so "NOT" a "Hired"!) LOL!!

Bridenstine4 said...

That's a really cool reminder! He is soooo in on the "small" things. PS-I don't know you very well, but the two things that absolutely come to my mind about you are super mommy and super creative--not to mention way pretty. PPS-I think someone needs to blog about what this "hired" thing is--or is it a had to be there thing? Oh, well....thanks for the reminder that God is so in the small things and Dolly is a backwoods Barbie.

Maddie said...

You are SO creative!!! I had no idea you went to see Dolly - how fun! Was is a "hired" convention??

Meleia a "hired" is just another way of saying redneck. I'll let Tamara tell you how that got started. :)

MBJones said...

I'm reminded of one of my favorite Dolly quotes. In fact, it is also a motto of mine. "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap."

That my friends is the voice of a true hired!

Love,
MB

Tammy Howard said...

Okay...I admit it ...I love Dolly too....and Dollywood....maybe I can grow up and be a "hired".

Love,

Tammy

Brad and Shana said...

Darn those tests..... I told y'all they weren't right......

You're waaaaaaay more creative than I am.

Thanks for reminding me to find God in ALL the details...big & small.

chelle belle said...

Amen! Preach it! I love seeing God in everyday life moments! He is so good!

-brittany- said...

Dolly Parton! How fun! You are right on. A five year old falling asleep in a concert...definitely a ordinance from up above. Looking forward to tomorrow!

P.S. Thanks for the reassurance that it is okay if Ada never uses her baby bed :)

Klingbeil Family said...

Wow - Dolly Parton - what fun! And you are absolutely right - if a 5 year old can fall asleep at a concert - it can only be a God thing!
By the way - I personally think you are one of the most creative people I know!
Love you - you 'hired'
Marilyn

Tim & Angela Fleming said...

I agree with Marilyn!! You are very talented! And I had no idea you were a Dolly fan. Wow! You really are a "hired". Just kiddin'
Thank you for reminding us how God works in big and small situations.

Bridenstine4 said...

Okay, Tamara, lot's of faithful Fridays and have passed and I'm missing know how ya'll are doin'.