CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Fear or Faith Friday

Well, things have not change much since last week, I still continue to live in fear. However, since last week I have given a lot of thought to being fearful. You see being fearful is self-imposed and having a fearful spirit is not of God. What God chooses for me is to have power over my fears.
Because I am a sinner and I lack faith to receive the power, fear comes in. So today I want to face my fears head-on and and trust in the power given to me by Christ and choose faith. Again I am saying out loud I CHOOSE FAITH for every circumstance and situation. I challenge you today to face your fears head-on and remember that Christ has given you the power to choose faith. I'll be the first to admit that this is much easier said than done. So I just keep reminding myself of this 2 Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit timidity, but a spirit of power, love and of self-discipline.

PS. I had a fabulous guilt free girls night out last Friday.

7 comments:

Tammy Howard said...

Fear not Sister....fear not! Our God is more powerful than any fear we will ever face. We don't stand alone because he walks with us...every single step...

Here is a verse I like but I don't remember the scripture...

BE BOLD AS A LION AND DON'T TURN AWAY FROM ANYTHING!!!

Tammy

Maddie said...

I love you sister and pray that you will continue to choose faith!

Brad and Shana said...

Maybe one day (hopefully soon) the title post of our hearts will no longer be "fear OR faith" but eventually, in our hearts we can say it is

Fear INTO Faith. Girls, let's help each other turn our FEARS INTO FAITH! Who knows, maybe God will use the very opposite of faith(fear) to teach us to have faith.

I sure need it!!

Shana

Brad and Shana said...

Okay, you wanna know what's freaky?

You commented on my blog at 2:07 and at the same time, I commented on your blog.....at 2:07......

That's just freaky cool!!

MBJones said...

Tamara,
I appreciate your encouragement and prayers when I was recently fearful. You helped me keep the faith. Love you, MB

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Tamara, what a great inspiration you are. You know what-it's hard for me to hear you say this, because, girl, you seem like you gotta it all in control. It's nice to know we're all in this together and we all have these struggles. I, too will choose FAITH! God's in control-we're not and it's time to just let go!!!
love you,
Terri

Cyndi Lou said...

Ditto what Terri said!! That was a VERY inspiring post!! Thank you for sharing that with us. There are many things I am fearful of right now and I needed to read that post TODAY of all days to try and overcome some of my fears.

Thank you my friend for sharing that! You blessed me.

Love you,

Cyndi