CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Parenting 101

I thought last night about Malley and Mason and their understanding of Easter. As a parent I struggle with, when do you tell them this and when do you tell them that, is their an Easter bunny, is their a tooth fairy, is their a Santa? Well, for me this year starting on Monday after Palm Sunday, we started reading our Christian Easter story books and I bought the resurrection eggs (which where a huge hit) and I found that the Easter bunny never came up in any of our conversations. I guess that's when I realized that is was time, that I didn't need to pretend that their was an Easter bunny. And that they were old enough to understand that Jesus died on the cross and arose from the dead, just for them and they did truly get it. Praise God! I can't wait 'till Christmas or 'till one of them looses another tooth (I think I'll give the tooth fairy discussion to Keith)

4 comments:

Tim & Angela Fleming said...

Hey Tamara! I love your parenting 101. This is my first time blogging and I am loving it!! Your pictures are soo cute. Love ya!
Angela

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Tamara, you said you were thinking about it just a few days ago. I get on this morning and three posts already!!!! Wow, wait a jump in with both feet. By the way, you know more about the computer than you give yourself credit for.
Parenting 101 was awesome. I too struggle with tooth fairies, SC, and the Easter Bunny. It seems half my house understands but the other ones aren't there yet. love you,
Terri

jonesfamily said...

I am with you...This year Abs finally realized these things are just pretend. In a way I was kinda sad, like a loss of innocence but the other side of me was happy because she is beginning to understand what the real meanings of Easter and Christmas are. This is our first Lenten season where we could have some "deep" discussions. Wow- what thoughts a now 5 year old can have!!!

Jennifer

Cyndi Lou said...

We are struggling with the same things. Austin said the other day that the Easter Bunny is just pretend, but Anna Grace didn't agree with him and they both are convinced that Santa is real. We are praying about how to handle Christmas.

I was blessed by your 'Parenting 101' post. It is refreshing to know that they can 'know the truth' and they are OK and they can begin to REALLY understand Easter and Christmas! Way to go Tamara! I am impressed with all of your posts this week!

Love you,

Cyndi