CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 28, 2008

Fear or Faith Friday

A good friend of mine used this term "fear or faith" last night and it really spoke to me. I have a lot of fears. Fear of making wrong decisions, fear of saying the wrong thing, fear of doing the wrong thing, fear of what people think about me, and so on and so on. I think these are normal thoughts (I could be wrong 'cause I'm not normal). Anyway, It is how I respond to these fears that is important. I can choose fear and be miserable or I can choose faith and trust that Christ has directed my steps and live in victory.

My fear today is that I will not accomplish all the tasks I need to today so that I can have a guilt free girls night out. So I am saying out loud I CHOOSE FAITH today and I am going to leave my guilt at the back door when I leave at 6:00 tonight to meet my girlfriends.

I would challenge you today to not live in fear, but choose FAITH and live in victory.

7 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

Very well said!!

From a person who constantly lets fear take over, I needed to hear that.

Thanks
Shana

Maddie said...

You have no idea how much I needed to hear that this morning. I am choosing faith with you today! I love it that God is so far ahead of us that He can speak to us through blogs!!

Tim & Angela Fleming said...

Thank you guys so much for your love and support. Yall are awesome.
Love yall,
Katie

Cyndi Lou said...

I choose Faith, Tamara! And I choose it for you! What an awesome thought that I needed to hear today! Whew, Tammy said it, 'He CAN speak to us through these blogs!'

I pray that you were able to accomplish all of your tasks today through Faith and that you leave that fear at the door in less than an hour!!

Love you,

Cyndi

Tim & Angela Fleming said...

Tamara
I live in fear myself. I always have and I have prayed every day that God would release me from it. I'm not sure why, but fear continues to consume me! Let's pray for each other and believe God's healing because sometimes it makes me literally sick. Thank you for sharing this with us. Love ya, Angela

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Tamara, what a deep thinker you are! Really, I needed to hear that, too!!! So much to do and I think I'll never ever get to live without that guilt. Guilt-debilitating...and probably brought on by our own insecurities.
love you,
Terri

Jenny said...

Wow, I needed that Tamara. That's been an issue of mine lately in a few areas.

Thank you.